Thanyapura would like to welcome everyone joining our free Stretch Therapy Workshop by Jo Callender on Saturday, 25th May 2019, during 10am – 4pm at Wellness Studio, Thanyapura Health & Sports Resort in Phuket.
Stretch Therapy (ST) is a comprehensive system that includes stretching, fascial remodelling, strengthening, and relaxation. ST is a safe, yet extremely efficient, way to improve your flexibility suitable for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level. Stretch therapy is a progressive system, which starts with easy extended positions. As your body lets go of excessive tension and you begin to experience more mobility, flexibility and freedom.
The core elements of ST are:
- Stretching. ST uses a number of techniques to improve the Range of Movement (ROM) of the body; nerves, fascia and muscles are used as ‘gateways’ to change the brain.
- Repatterning. Inactive muscles are made active; knees, shoulders, and elbows are stabilised; posture and alignment are made more efficient.
- Strengthening. The capacity of the whole body to exert force is the emphasis here; most of our techniques are body-weight only, and all involve the ‘core’.
- Relaxation. Here, ‘relaxation’ is used in two ways: the first is for techniques that enhance speed and the second is rejuvenation and regeneration.
Date: Saturday, 25th May 2019
Time: 10am – 4pm
Price: Donation basis
Venue: Wellness Studio
For Registration: +66 7633 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Releases tension and pain
- Increases mobility and flexibility
- Promotes body awareness
- Strengthens and stabilises
- Supports rehabilitation
- Injury prevention
- Supports athletic performance
- Promotes deep sleep
ABOUT JO CALLENDER:
Jo Callender has been working as a health care practitioner for over 20 years. As a qualified Stretch Therapy teacher, Holistic Kinesiologist and Soft tissue specialist, Jo is passionate about facilitating positive change for her clients.