Classes dedicated to stretching will lengthen the whole body and leave participants walking out taller and more relaxed. It is important to stretch after any workout, and there are many benefits to dedicating an hour-long session to stretching.
Energy levels will improve (leaving the body alert but relaxed), athletic performance will improve (relaxed muscles are more prepared for exercise than tight ones), blood circulation will increase (an increase in blood flow to the muscles will help to reduce soreness after a workout, and will shorten the length of recovery time needed), along with stamina and flexibility. Dedicated stretching classes also encourage a positive outlook, as they work to loosen the muscles and release tightness that day-to-day stress builds up. Taking the time to stretch will also decrease the risk of injury, including the joints and muscles.
Thanyapura’s stretching classes consist of a series of static stretches, coupled with deep breathing exercises guided by a dedicated instructor, helping each individual to loosen up, relax and rejuvinate. In addition to focused stretching classes, it is also beneficial to take the time to stretch throughout the day. For example, getting up to loosen the limbs after being sat at a desk for hours resets the mind and alerts the body.
Incorporating stretching into your daily workouts is a given but including it in your day routine is just as important to health and body functioning as regular exercise. It relaxes your muscles and increases blood flow and nutrients to your cartilage and muscles.
What Should I Bring?
- Workout Mat
Additional Class Information
- If you have any injuries, please be assessed one on one and bring a medical certificate to participate in the class.
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- All classes are on “First Come, First Serve” basis and subject to availability.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Club Services.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
MEMBERS & HOTEL GUESTS
STAY WITH US
JOIN THIS CLASS
JOIN 3-MONTH MEMBERSHIP
- Discounts available for block bookings for multiple sessions.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Book Your Class
Let us know how we can help you and one of our dedicated concierge team will get back to you very quickly. You will also receive a copy of your enquiry send immediately to your inbox.